Monday, June 28, 2010

Um, Mum!!

So today was a breakthrough.
Phoebe is saying words. Most of them aren't that clear(ie. hat, bubba (bottle), ella (stella), some are clear as a bell and reappear once and awhile (book, purse, hat, up). Others are words that are said once, and we never hear the again (peeze (please), yep, yummy!).

One of the consistent words we hear daily is Mumma. It was her first word at 6 months and even though, at that point, she didn't know what it meant, the fact that the Mumma sound came out of her mouth first made me proud.

When we refer to P's Mumma, we always say "Mum". "Can Mum help you?", Say "Hi Mum!" and at daycare, they call me "Mum" as well when they refer to me or when I come to pick her up.

So, today was amazing. It was 7am and P. was still in her crib. I couldn't hear anything so I went to her room and peeked in. She was awake, but her eyes were closed and she was still sucking her thumb and caressing her blankie.
I thought I would sneak away quietly so I could make a tea before she really woke up.
I turned around and started to tip toe away and then I heard it. Crystal clear and loud.
"MUM!!!", she said with precision and emphasis.
It was so awesome. I turned around to see her all smiles sitting in her crib.
I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment