Prior to my life as a mom, I did a lot of what I would now consider to be "unhealthy" things. Things that I knew were possibly not the best things to do, but I just didn't care....or even some things I never even thought twice about. After research and really going with my gut instincts, there are many behaviours from the past that I wouldn't even THINK of doing now.
Some of these things include, tanning bed tanning, cleaning with toxic cleaners, microwaving food, using plastic in the microwave, not reading labels on food, buying processed and "dirty" foods, not reading ingredients in other consumables I purchase (ie. cosmetics/household items etc)
I even aspired to get Botox one day. Yes, I was open to the idea of shooting a toxin into my face to paralyze muscles to "stop the aging process"
Are you kidding me?
I want to preface what I say below by making sure you know that I definitely am not preaching to people. I am definitely far from perfect and do not judge others for what choices they make. I do, however judge people for not educating themselves on these environmental issues and the impact they can have on our health and wellbeing. I also get very frustrated with the people who say "well, we did (whatever it is) when you were young and you turned out fine"
Did we really? do we know yet? isn't it better to educate ourselves now and use the research that is out there to give us power to make more informed decisions?
I realize there is no feasible way to be perfectly "safe" from anything. That is why I have made certain choices on lifestyle changes that are most important to me and hubby, and try not to worry about the other choices we make. You can only do so much. As long as you educate yourself and know your priorities, I think you are okay.
Life is too short and you need to have fun, too...
For the next week, I will do a daily post that details out one major change I have made to my lifestyle, and why.
CLEANING PRODUCTS
Today, I am going to talk about cleaning products.
I am in the process of throwing out EVERY SINGLE chemical cleaner I have ever owned. One by one...
Over the last 2 years, I was using a non -toxic cleaner that I was buying through a retail chain down the street. It worked okay and was non toxic...so I thought, better than the alternative. I didn't want to inhale, or for my family to inhale the fumes and chemicals given off from traditional cleaners.
I had read horror stories about accidental poisoning and panicked about P. drinking it by accident one day...or about the toxins in these items causing health issues down the road etc.
I found this website that details it all out one by one...you should take a look. ARe you ready to make a change for your family?
www.mamashealth.com/doc/cleanprod.asp
If you are, I suggest ENJO. These products are cleaning product using fibers and are CHEMICAL FREE. Not naturally occuring chemicals...chemical FREE. The investment up front is significant, but if you think of how much you spend over a year on regular or greener cleaning products, it is definitely a wash.
I hate cleaning. HATE HATE HATE it. It is the worst job ever for me. But I love cleaning with ENJO. It is quick easy and not harmful to anything or anyone.
Check out the site
www.enjo.com
for more info
Comment if you have any questions or opinions about this topic. I am interested to hear it!
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment