Spring has sprung, and my house is a gong.
I am so unorganized and feel like I need to spend an entire weekend organizing to get my place functioning at its' full potential.
So, I decided, enough whining about it, do something.
Here is what small, but attainable goals I have set out for myself.
1) Tidy jewelry drawer, underwear drawer, makeup drawer and summer drawer
2) Clean out the hall closet of all winter footwear
3) Tidy and organize guestroom/study
4) Clean out Phoebe's drawers and bookshelf of seasonal items and organize her summer clothes
5) Organize the storage closet in the den
Okay, so this is a big list, but I am giving myself till mid June to do it.
I am going to attempt to do one thing each night while watching T.V.-shouldn't be too difficult, right?
I started off on the right foot tonight.
Here is my jewelry drawer all nicely organized. I even found some stuff that I haven't worn in ages because I couldn't find it: ) This organization thing may save me some $$ in replacing items as well.
Check it out.
I know, I am a tad obsessed with costume jewelry. This drawer doesn't even have any of my necklaces in it...that is next to come!
The organizers can be found at Ikea. They are the Anordna series..but the left side with the felt is discontinued, which kinda sucks (it was so great for delicate silver and gold pieces..). The other ones work great, though. They are also wonderful for your bathroom makeup and products.
If you need motivation and techniques to help you organize...check out the following blog. I have gotten some great ideas from it.
http://www.weorganizeu.com/
I will post more of my results when they are accomplished.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment