Monday, May 31, 2010

Ah...summer has begun!

I have been doing well at keeping our weekends as a family, fun.  Although, there hasn't been as much family goings on with George included because he is still in hardcore training for his triathalon (next weekend)!
This weekend, we did lots of fun girly stuff.

Like...feeding the ducks and geese...



Well, the other people in the picture were feeding the ducks and geese...P. decided she needed to have a snack herself. Bottomless pit even eats stale bread!

That was my cue that we needed to move along and get our picnic started at the splashpad. We ate and played with friends; who I am scoping out to be future babysitters - Hee hee!  It was fun!



P. really liked the splashpad, which surprised and pleased me-great free daytime activity in the summer!

Another free and fun activity we gonged it up at was the pool on Sunday. Grandma and Grandpa love having P. over.  And P. loves the pool!

"Look Mommy, I am totally accessorized!"

My baby runs at me and jumps in the pool. No fear, I tell ya. This makes me happy, but I secretly kinda wish she was more leary of the water. I can't even turn my back on her for a second.


She is going through this weird "I need my mommy all the time" phase and will only go to me in the pool. This is a tad annoying for others (especially Daddy and Grandmas...), but secretly, I like to feel loved and needed by her and am soaking up every moment of it because I know this phase is short lived.

There is something about babies in water that makes me want to squeeze them. I really have to make an effort not to squeeze too tightly...I also have to make an effort not to zerbert, kiss or nibble at her too much.  It is so difficult because she is soooo frigging cute and her arms and legs are so chubby and juicy!


Honestly, there are no words for the cuteness here...

3 comments:

  1. Such a cutie! I see Yia Yia was there too! Fun for all.

    I am really enjoying your blog, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am glad you are reading it and liking it! i am enjoying writing it and keeping everyone up to date! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery eats the stale bread too when we go to feed the geese by our house. It's like I don't feed her! These girls are so funny.

    ReplyDelete