Friday, May 21, 2010

I took a "ME" day

I took today as a vacation day and I still sent P. to daycare.
I didn't really have any thing "special" planned for today but made a pact with myself that I would only do things that I wanted to do. I wouldn't get off track and shop for P. or Geo or log into my work email.

I have been though this exercise many times before...taking a day off work and not having a plan of what I wanted to do. I ended up not doing anything and feeling like it was a waste of a vacation day,  so this time, I decided I would pull out my Post-it Notes and make a list of all the things I would like to accomplish today.


  1. sleep in    : ( 
  2. work out at the gym : )
  3. get a massage- and sleep during it instead of talk : )
  4. spray tan : )
  5. get quote on awning for outside : )
  6. go to Chapters : )
  7. get a Starbucks skinny vanilla Latte : )
  8. drinks on a patio : )

Legend:
: ) = done
: ( = not done


I did pretty well...accomplishing 7/8 of my day's goals.  If I hadn't made a list, I would have probably scored 1/8, so this is amazing!

Oh, and Phoebe pooped on the toilet 2x...so even though that isn't in our days "goals" per se, it was a big accomplishment.

Doesn't she look proud? I am proud of her: )

No comments:

Post a Comment