Today was a fun Saturday. I have made it my goal as a mom, to have "fun" every weekend we spend as a family.
George had plans to train for his triathalon...(only 22 more sleeps!) so Phoebe and I were on our own today. Even though "Mr. Fun" wasn't with us, we found plenty of "fun" things to do.
This morning, Phoebe decided she would sleep in till 9am (what child does that? especially a child that goes to bed at 6:30...?) Because of her late start to the day, she was granted a free pass on her morning nap. This NEVER happens!
As a result, we were able to hook up with Lyndsey and Haley and the twins for a morning playdate. I miss them soo much and don't get to see them as much as I would like.
Lyndsey looks fabulous and is doing an amazing job as a mommy of 3. She now has one gorgeous and very well behaved 3yr old girl (who, by the way, I hope Phoebe learns her manners from!) and beautiful newborn baby girl and boy.
I am so ticked that I didn't bring my camera because the GONG SHOW we left there was worth documenting.
We can't go anywhere without leaving in a whirlwind and that is what happened today. Phoebe is infamous for having a short shelf life for most things...the toys she plays with, her "wake time", and time in between meals. Even though snacks were plentiful (and of course all organic-we were, indeed, at Lyndsey's!), Phoebe suddenly got hungry and then the Gong Show ensued. She immediately started crying, yelling, and of course "back arching" -this was the prelude to her spilling a whole Ziploc bag of dehydrated organic fruit and puffs all over the floor. Lyndsey's house, for those of you who know her, is immaculate, despite being the most busy mom I know. So, you can imagine my mortification at the mess created by my screaming, hungry child on my way out the door. In true "Lyndsey" fashion, I was shooed out the door without having to clean up our mess, and in true"Meghan" fashion, I have felt guilty about it since.
Post afternoon nap, we were able to get out with Stella for a nice little walk. I decided that I would make it "fun" and go somewhere new, so we drove over to another friend's neighbourhood to visit the infamous "frog pond" This pond is situated next to a river where there are plenty of ducks and geese for Phoebe to wave and point at while shouting repeatedly "DUCK!!" Duck, was her first real word...Fortunately the ducks were plentiful, but unfortunately, there were not babies and the frogs are still tadpoles. Even though I stepped in goose poop, parked in the wrong spot and was way overdressed and sweaty, we had "fun".
We also had fun at dinner time with Phoebe and her soup and spoon. Oh, how times have changed and how the little things fascinate me and make me proud: ) She has started making this weird noise-it is kind of like a laugh-or a cackle. At any rate, it is weird and I don't know how to classify it. It is pretty amusing.
Now George and I are going to sit down, eat our McFlurry's and watch a movie.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment