I guess it wouldn't be me if I didn't have bad luck even on vacation!
I need to preface this blog by saying that I never get to go away for pleasure. This was the first time in 17 months that George and I went out of town OVERNIGHT-without Phoebe.
It was supposed to be a much needed and enjoyed vacation...and for the mostpart, it was...I guess...
We had an amazing time on Wednesday at our amazing hotel (Le Germain)-we used a bunch of points we had collected on our MC so that we could stay there and it was great! there was an amazing tub and rain shower and the room was so modern (I got inspiration from that hotel for our basement and bathroom reno!)
Then we walked around King St. and looked in some design shops and found the perfect light fixture (we have been looking for YEARS) to replace the fugly one in our hallway leading to our basement. So exciting!
We then had drinkies on a patio and then returned back to our hotel for a nap and to get ready for the Kings of Leon concert at the Ampitheatre. It was a fun concert-not as good as the one we saw in London, but very fun!
We then went to Ultra Supper club where we sat in the bottle service section (but didn't pay bottle service-we were such scrubs) and watched their midnight fashion show for Coach. It was so much fun and so different than the bars here in London. Not that I really go to the bars in London anymore: )
So, all in all, the first part of our vacay was good. Then something must have happened in the cosmos that caused everything to become a gong.
Things that were gong shows on our trip:
- Toronto traffic
- Ontario place-gongs didn't have our tix at will call
- Both our cell phones died-no chargers
- I lost my lifeline (I mean my Blackberry)
- We forgot to arrange a sitter for our dog-had to call in the troops to help out!
- it rained, didn't have an umbrella
- iphone app for finding a breakfast place failed and took us out of the way by 4 km, and to a place that didn't exist. Gongshowmommy was hungry, bitchy and had major blisters from her sandals
- George had a work EMERGENCY while we were on our way home. Had to hit Toronto DVP traffic to go to Concord to pick up a cable.
- George ate cous cous by accident. He can't have wheat
- Skunk at home sprayed 2 of the workers doing renos at the house. They thought it may be in the house afterwards because they couldn't find it!
- Yia Yia backed my car into her garage door and caused some damage.
Yeah, it was a gong, but in the large scheme of things, I am beginning to realize that even though the gongs listed above were stressful at the time, they are really just the "small stuff" and I shouldn't have let them put a damper on the vacation.
It is great to realize this once everything is over, eh? I need to start working on realizing this when these types of things happen-so it doesn't get out of control.
Way easier to say than to do, I know.
Even though I missed P. to bits while we were away, I still need another vacation from my vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment