This wouldn't happen if I used a non stick pan, but because I refuse to use a teflon pan (toxic!!!), I deal with this stuck on egg every time.
I was at Homesense today (my fave store) and I was checking out their pans (Because I had to throw ours out last week cuz it just wouldn't come clean) and they had this cool ceramic eco pan. It is pretty funky. I haven't used it yet, but it is totally non stick and doesn't use any of the harmful coatings that the other non stick pans do.
Pretty cool.
Oh, and it was only $24.99 at Homesense, but retails for $40 elsewhere.
I got rid of all of my non-stick pans when we brought Kiwi home. I had read that many birds have died from the non-stick overheating and I was not going to take a chance. About 6 months ago I started seeing ads on the eco frinedly pans and ended up purchasing a 6" and a 10" and I love them too!
ReplyDeleteYou are the reason I started looking into this - because of Kiwi. If a pan can be toxic to birds, can you imagine what it is doing to us (people who eat the food we cook on them!?) Good news is not all teflon is toxic, it is just when it gets older and the more it is used, but better safe than sorry! My new pan is awesome! love it! where did you get yours?
ReplyDeleteHmmm...I sent a comment through earlier today but it is not here! USER ERROR :)
ReplyDeleteI bought my pans at The Bay (same as yours). The small one was at a hot price for people to try it and I purchased the 10" at the same time. I was so thrilled to get a non stick that I could use that I didn't check out other sources. I don't remember the prices.
I made a grilled cheese for Sarah today and Shawna commented that Gramma had the best grilled cheese pan :)
PS:why do I always have to "Select Profile" to make a comment on your blog?
I am not sure why you need to do that...I will check into it. I am still pretty blog "green". I will let you know!
ReplyDelete