Saturday, January 29, 2011

This has been a shitty week (pun intended!)

So, this week has been a total gong.

The 3 of us have all been battling coughs and colds for months now (I call it - the daycare curse!), but for George and Phoebe it took a turn for the worse.

One morning, I had to leave at 6am for work. Phoebes was fussing a tiny bit while I was eating breakfast, but since she usually sleeps till 7:30ish, I decided to leave her hoping she would fall back to sleep.
Well, apparently, when I left the house and the garage door went up, Phoebes started to scream and yell and panic, so my hubs went in to ensure everything was okay...well it was ugly.
Phoebes had puked in the night and slept in it all night. She ate steak and grapes for dinner, so you can imagine what it looked like! Apparently the smell was horrendous and it was all dried all over her hair face and pajamas.

So, I felt like mother of the year when I found this out later on in the afternoon...why didn't I check on her when she was fussing?

Then, she must have passed along whatever bug she had to my hubs because he got it and was sick in bed for 3 days as a result. The only time he got up was to go to the washroom to puke, or to shower because he sweat thru his clothes.

The 3rd night of all of this sickness, I was giving P .a bath and she suddenly squatted and then took a huge dump (I mean HUGE) in the tub. Have any of your kids ever done that? What would possess her to do that? She is potty training and likely knows the difference between the tub and the potty (you would think!)
So anyways, my hubs got up to see what all the commotion was about and help phish the shit out of the tub -then started to puke from the smell...! fun times!

To top it all off, I have this chest bacterial infection that I can't free myself from. I have had it since mid November-no joke.
I just has a nice long soak in our jacuzzi with oil of oregano and eucalyptus oils and am resting up for next week.

Hopefully next week isn't as "shitty"

2 comments:

  1. Meghan sounds like you have quite the house hold haha. Hope all you guys are feeling better soon. - Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're all on the mend soon! I caught a horrible bug when I visited my sister in NL last winter, uncontrollable coughing that lingered, and my doc prescribed a Turbohaler and it's gold.

    ReplyDelete