Saturday, August 14, 2010

Drop in's

I have noticed lots of mom's saying to others, "just pop in sometime"...and I wonder, are they serious?
Who really likes it when people "drop in" to their houses?

Do any of you?

If I were to guess, the people who like drop ins are the regular Martha Stewart types that have the fresh baked muffins on the go all the time, and have a full face of makeup on, and proper clothing. (what I mean by proper clothing is an outfit, not lulu's or pjs). If you tell me that these people have all of the above going on and also work a full time job, I would probably puke in my mouth.

If you were to drop by my house right now, this is what you would find:
  • Me, just up from my afternoon nap-braless and underwearless in my ratty pj's
  • My hair half wet and sort of kinky from sleeping on it wet
  • My face is splotchy from some of the picking, plucking and squeezing that went on when I passed by the magnifying mirror
  • my house is a DISASTER. Dishes in the sink, toys everywhere, beds unmade.
  • Really, I am a total gong show right now.
Oh, and fyi, I don't have any fresh baking or anything to offer you or your kids when you come by.

I bet you all wanna "pop by" now, don't you?

Even though drop by's aren't really conducive to my lifestyle, I would still love to see you so gimme a shout and we will make plans! xo

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! So very true and I love how honest you are about it. I would dread a drop in for all the same reasons. I often get caught at the mirror too.

    I think we want that picture perfect scenario but really? It's not realistic. Thankfully people have to buzz up to knock on my door...really eliminates the drop-in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh and you probably also have a channel on your tv where you can watch the lobby and "Screen" potential visitors! In my case, I just leave the shades at the front of the house shut and turn down the t.v and hide! hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, I have a totally different view on drop-ins. Anybody that knows me well enough to drop in already know that there might be dust around (and lots of baby finger prints on everything)but we will have a wonderful visit. I am always thrilled to hear the doorbell ring and one of my cousins or dear friends have dropped in for a visit...try it sometime ;)There will never be fresh baking but it will sure be nice to see you (or whomever).

    PS: See you soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to love drop ins, but once I had a baby, I now am more like my husband.
    Here is how it goes:
    Ding Dong.
    Husand: Are you expecting anyone?
    Wife: No, you?
    Visualization:Husband and wife fight to run fast enough to hide so other person is forced to answer the door).

    But I love dropping in on others. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete