I have missed my mommy blog while away in Montego Bay, on vacation with my hubby. I have to admit, I was tempted to go online and blog while away, but I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn't spend much time doing the things I do at home (ie. facebooking and blogging). I did my utmost to enjoy the time away from my every day routines and relax.
But, I decided that upon my return, I would blog about the resort and Jamaica in general-rather than mommy stuff.
First off Geo and I are VERY picky when it comes to resort travel. There are many reasons for this. 1) George has a wheat allergy so the food matters a lot to us 2) We love resort travel- and have been many different places 3) we are kinda high maintenance in general-especially when dishing out a tonne of our hard earned money to go away somewhere.
We stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid. It is a fairly new (March 2010) resort in Montego Bay. Arguably the BEST location in Montego Bay- right at the tip of the peninsula. We had an amazing view of the mountains from every spot on the resort. All rooms are ocean front.
It was glorious.
Here are a few things I learned while in Jamaica at Secrets Wild Orchid:
But, I decided that upon my return, I would blog about the resort and Jamaica in general-rather than mommy stuff.
First off Geo and I are VERY picky when it comes to resort travel. There are many reasons for this. 1) George has a wheat allergy so the food matters a lot to us 2) We love resort travel- and have been many different places 3) we are kinda high maintenance in general-especially when dishing out a tonne of our hard earned money to go away somewhere.
We stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid. It is a fairly new (March 2010) resort in Montego Bay. Arguably the BEST location in Montego Bay- right at the tip of the peninsula. We had an amazing view of the mountains from every spot on the resort. All rooms are ocean front.
It was glorious.
Here are a few things I learned while in Jamaica at Secrets Wild Orchid:
- I am one of the few people in the world who does NOT have a tattoo
- 99% of the world look better clothed than in their bathing suits
- I don't think it is necessary to eat fruit and food that is GOOD for you on vacation
- Rum Cream is better than rum in all traditional frozen drinks
- Jamaicans are the BEST, most SPIRITUAL and POSITIVE people in the world
- Jamaica is my fave spot in the Carri bean to visit
- Tropical mosquitoes, Canadian mosquitoes- no matter what type of mosquitoes, all like to feast on me (not to self: bring antihistamines next time)
- I will ALWAYS pay to upgrade to a Preferred resort or VIP area within a resort. The benefits are unreal for really, quite a reasonable cost
- Travel with my hubs (just us as a couple) needs to be more of a priority. We need to nurture our relationship just as much as we nurture Phoebe
Apparently this is Bob Marley's Brand name? Who knew?
Namaste. Nothing like doing yoga at the ocean. Those rocks were slippery little suckers so I couldn't hold the pose like I normally do, but it was still fun.
Jerk Chicken, MON! This was a daily staple for us. Every day, we would get it and eat it on the beach, beer and daiquiri in hand!I WOULD LOVE COMMENTS FROM YOU GUYS ON RECOMMENDED RESORTS, as Geo and I are actively planning our next getaway!

Megs, I love the 9 things you learned! I agree with all of them! I'm so glad you guys had a great time on a well deserved break. Jamaica is totally on my radar now.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI think Jamaica gets a bad rep and really, we love it the most of any island. The people on the resorts are amazing. I think the "concern" most people have is going off the resorts. They suggest that if you do, go with someone Jamaican who knows what neighborhoods and cities to avoid. I know there is a lot of Political "upheaval" in Kingston so the locals say to avoid that city, but otherwise it is an amazing place. You should definitely try it out!
Looks amazing Meghan! I have just stumbled here again and love reading about all your going ons. So glad you and your husband got away together. I really hope I get to see you and meet Phoebe in 2011.
ReplyDeleteBTW...I like the first photo of your family laying the leaves the best.
KISSES
Hey Becky! Thanks for your comments! I definitely am glad that George and I got away alone...the anxiety leading up to it was stressful, but all worth it in the end. And Phoebe had the BEST time staying with grandparents the whole time, so it worked out for all of us!
ReplyDeleteHave a merry Xmas! xo